I’m so close to running my 15k, my longest run to date. I’m kicked into high gear for training and nutrition. I thought I would share some of the best workout-related links of the week with you.
- Is coconut water worth the crazy? I use the bottled coconut water in my post-run smoothies to increase electrolytes from sodium lost during exercise.
- Is it better to eat breakfast before or after a workout? And what should you be eating? Before I run I have a small bit of food about 30 minutes before my run to give me energy (usually bananas).
- Speaking of food, can athletes perform well on a vegan diet?
- What your post-workout food cravings mean. Pretty much, your body is craving something because it needs more of it.
- Are you not a runner but want to be? When I started in August I couldn’t run a mile. But I was surprised how quick I built up and how good I felt. If you are interested in starting, it’s not hard! Check out the basics to working up to a 5k.
- And a tip on how to keep your earbud cords from being tangled. Looks so simple!