Happy National Eat What You Want Day! Yes, that is a real thing, which I think we can all agree means food holidays have officially jumped the shark! Before you start eating aaaannnyything you want, a report came out this week saying by 2030 almost half of Americans will be obese. To me, no food is worth the feeling and trouble that comes with obesity.
One way to help curb obesity is to run. I have kind of gotten off the regular, strong run track. I’m not going as often and when I do, it’s not for as long. Something always creeps up during my run, and many times I feel I can’t catch my breath or I get a side ache. Four Ways to Stop the Dreaded Side Stitch (I’ve never heard that word but assume it means ache) hit my Google Reader, and the timing and tips are perfect. What is your cure to a better run?
Ok, now that all the seriousness is out of the way, time for a few fun links:
- 12 uncomplicated summer cocktails, an interactive feature by one of my faves, Mark Bittman.
- The flavored liquor craze has reached a fever pitch, and one man has had enough, saying “My favorite flavor of whiskey is whiskey”. (Seriously, enough is enough. If you can’t drink vodka without it tasting like sugar, you can’t drink vodka.)
- Last drink link (lots this week!): Using booze in food.
- If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that has a spring (unlike me in South Florida), Serious Eats shows some great ways to eat the produce in season now.
- A light take on one of my favorite foods, kale. One man’s quest to love and eat nothing but kale.