I don’t care what the calendar says, it is SUMMER! My running training has been a struggle from the sun, heat and humidity. I don’t want to cook or eat anything warm. And all I want to do on my day off is grab a drink with an umbrella and sit by the pool (because the sand at the beach is already too hot!). In honor of the warmer months, this Friday links is dedicated to summer and vacations.
This week I took a staycation to Miami Beach and watch the Miami Marlins at their new stadium. While on the beach I went to Yardbird, an amazing Southern restaurant named one of the best new restaurants by the James Beard Foundation.
- While on vacation, 24 tips for a fitter, happier time. I know I love walking a lot on vacation to take it all in and end up eating a lot of small meals to try as much food as I can.
- Tips on eating vegetarian while traveling. My tricks are packing snacks and the HappyCow.net app on my phone.
- I always swoon over the New York Times interactive food features. Mix the perfect summer drink by picking a drink modifier, a liquor and a garnish. Check it out, it’s fun to play!
- If you find yourself around a campfire (something I love but don’t do in Florida), learn how to get the perfectly toasted marshmallow.
- If you are planning a vacation to Disney (you know I’m always up for one!), here are great places to grab a beer at Disney.
- And the next time you grab a keg cup: I can honestly say I didn’t know this was a thing. Did you?
What are you most looking forward to this summer?